In the spring of 1997, a general notice was posted inviting all interested parties to brainstorm the role that the arts play in the education of our children and to envision how the arts component could be enhanced for their benefit.
An exchange of ideas occurred focusing on the high school age group in particular, where the need was felt to be the strongest at the time. A grant, funded by The Katonah Lewisboro School Foundation set the group in motion, which evolved to be known as KLSD ArtsALIVE.
Today, we are a group of area students, parents, patrons, faculty and staff, who volunteer our time and resources to enhance the fine arts programs offered by the Katonah-Lewisboro School District.
We believe that promoting the arts in our school district provides an opportunity to unify and celebrate our entire community through arts related events and programs.
We provide support in many ways, including the following:
- Communicate with fine arts teachers and staff to determine their needs and how we can best help meet those needs.
- Help represent fine arts priorities to the Katonah-Lewisboro school administrators and the board of education.
- Organize volunteers as needed to support fine arts activities.
The organization does solicit, receive, manage and disburse funds to support the fine arts programs. Some examples from recent years include:
- fund teacher grant requests for arts related field trips and educational programs, reducing the cost for families.
- fund for new acoustic band shells
- fund the installation of an art gallery, 3D print art display case, hanging frame display system at JJHS
- fund the installation of a recording sound booth at JJHS
- Award scholarships for students pursuing arts related careers
Please consider showing your support today by getting involved.
We are a 501C(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible.
facebook: KLSD ArtsAlive