Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1465
Winter Concert Series 2019
The high school performing arts department will begin the new year with its annual Winter Concert Series. All shows begin at 7:00PM and are open to the public, free of charge
Thursday January 10, 2019 – Music Technology and Choral Concert
This concert features digital music composed and performed by students from our Music Technology program, as well as our vocal group the John Jay Chorale.
Monday January 14, 2019 – Band Concert
We will present a program of music from three ensembles: The Concert Band, the Symphonic Band, and our Wind Ensemble.
Wednesday January 16, 2019 – Orchestra Concert
Our concerts continue with performances by our Symphonic and String Orchestra
Tuesday, January 22, 2019 – Jazz Concert
The Winter Series concludes with performances by our jazz bands and vocal jazz ensemble as they prepare for the prestigious Berklee Student Jazz Competition. You will also be entertained with performances by our three student led a-capella groups: The Notables, The RollingTones, and The Treblemakers.
Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – Snow Date for all concerts
Please join us for these celebrations of music.!
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1442
Contribute to the Increase Miller Elementary School teacher wishlist.
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1396
- January 3rd…..KLSD ArtsALIVE Encore Cabaret Dress Rehearsal
- January 4th…… KLSD ArtsALIVE Encore Cabaret
- January 10th…… JJHS Choral Concert 7:00 pm
- January 14th….. JJHS Band Concert 7:00 pm
- January 16th…..JJHS Orchestra Concert 7:00 pm
- January 22nd……JJHS Music Technology showcase 7:00 pm
- January 24-27th….. Berklee Jazz Festival (students compete)
- January 28th……….. JJMS Band Concert
- January 30th…….KLSD ArtsALIVE Smart Art Community Series Event #2 @ 7:00 pm, John Jay High School Theater
- February 5th……KES Band/Chorus Concert 7:00 pm
- February 6th….. IMES Band/Chorus Concert 7:00 pm
- February 12th….KES Strings Concert 7:00 pm
- February 13th…. IMES Strings Concert 7:00 pm
- February 20th….MPES Band/Chorus Concert 7:00 pm
- February 27th….MPES String Concert 7:00 pm
- March 21-23 …..JJMS Musical
- March 26th……..KLSD ArtsALIVE Smart Art Community Series Event #3 @7:00 pm , John Jay Middle School Theater
- April 4-6….. JJHS Musical
- April 26-27……..Jay Fest @ JJHS
Please see our Events Page for more Events:
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/942
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1454
What is Encore Cabaret and Why Should You Go?
You’ve seen the emails, but need more information. You’re wondering what is Encore Cabaret? Who performs? Are they any good? And why is this different from any other JJHS theatrical show?
As you may have guessed, we have the answers!
What is Encore Cabaret?
Encore Cabaret is an annual theatrical collaboration between current JJHS students and alumni. It began seven years ago when ArtsALIVE conceptualized a cabaret where alumni and current students could have the opportunity to reprise various roles they performed on the JJHS stage. Over the years, it has evolved into an event that allows high school students and alumni (whether part of the theater program or not) to perform a full solo or duet on stage, no matter if they have performed the role previously or not. For some, this is their first time performing on the JJHS stage. You will see students who perform in professional shows, alumni who or are studying their art in college, and more!
Is it any good?
Yes, actually it’s pretty spectacular! JJHS alumni Andre Catrini, an award-winning composer and lyricist whose most-recent project was composing the music and lyrics for The Astonishing Times of Timothy Cratchit, is in charge of reviewing all audition tapes, assigning music and directing each performer for the show.
Okay, but why should I go?
We’ll let Andre answer this one.
“Encore Cabaret is a great evening out to celebrate young talent and good theater music,” he explains. “There’s no bells and whistles, no big orchestra, and that is part of the charm. Musicals usually have a big set, a chorus, and 20 people in an orchestra pit. But for this, it’s just them, a microphone and me. It’s really brave, and it’s a strong display of will and love. This is really something special.”
I’m convinced! Where do I get tickets?
We’re so glad you asked! Just click here, and it will take you directly to our purchase page.
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1427
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1404
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1362
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1358
- Elementary students explored art with educators from the Katonah Museum of Art and The Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Elementary students learned about the design process as they created musical instruments, illustrated ecosystems, mixed paint and built vehicles.
- Sixty-six students across the district participatedd in New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) Festivals.
- Fourteen students were selected to participate in All-County Band, Orchestra or Choir, and four in All-State Festivals
- A student-musician has been accepted into New York University’s Future Music Moguls high school program.
- The high school vocal jazz ensemble attended the Berklee High School Jazz Festival in Boston
More than 200 students brought energy and excitement to the middle school’s theater productions.
Source: Katonah-Lewisboro School District
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/924