Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1362
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/1358
- December 3rd……Giving Tuesday
- December 13- 14….. JJHS Freshman Play 7:00 pm
- December 16th-20th…..JJHS Arts Week
- December 18th……. JJMS Choral Concert
- January 11th…..KLSD ArtsALIVE Encore Cabaret
- January 14th….. JJHS Orchestra Concert 7:00 pm
- January 16th…..JJHS Band Concert 7:00 pm
- January 21st……JJHS Choral Concert 7:00 pm
- January 22nd……….. JJMS Orchestra Concert 7:00 pm
- January 27th……….JJMS Band Concert 7:00 pm
- January 28th………..JJHS Jazz Concert 7:00 pm
Please see our Events Page for more Events:
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/942
- Elementary students explored art with educators from the Katonah Museum of Art and The Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Elementary students learned about the design process as they created musical instruments, illustrated ecosystems, mixed paint and built vehicles.
- Sixty-six students across the district participatedd in New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) Festivals.
- Fourteen students were selected to participate in All-County Band, Orchestra or Choir, and four in All-State Festivals
- A student-musician has been accepted into New York University’s Future Music Moguls high school program.
- The high school vocal jazz ensemble attended the Berklee High School Jazz Festival in Boston
More than 200 students brought energy and excitement to the middle school’s theater productions.
Source: Katonah-Lewisboro School District
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/924
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/877
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/870
Gilbert is a band comprised of students from Westchester County whose sound is rock with soul/funk influences. Tara Curran’s powerful and soulful vocals will let you know that they mean business. While performing locally, they’ve caught the attention of Rob Thomas, Ethan Carey (i95 radio), Dave Anderson, Vaneese Thomas and have performed on the TV show Wonderama. Gilbert also holds the winning title of Ridgefield Bandjam 2017.
Gilbert is passionate about supporting the victims of the Puerto Rico Hurricanes and will donate half of the proceeds to this cause and the other half will go toward supporting the Arts in the Katonah Lewisboro School District.
Tickets range in Price: $10 Student and $15 General Admission. A limited number of VIP Packages will be sold for $50 to include: Early Entry to Pre-Select Best Seats in the House, Meet & Greet After Party with the Band Catered by Cameron’s Deli & VIP Swag Bag. Tickets can be purchased by clicking the link below:
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/866
Tickets available at the door and online:
Sponsors/Donors $50/$100 (includes pre-show reception with honoree Lisa Kor)
Students $10, Adults $20, Seniors $5
ArtsALIVE! Katonah-Lewisboro’s arts booster club is extremely pleased to invite you to attend Encore Cabaret VI, which will take place in John Jay MIDDLE School’s theatre on the evening of Thursday, December 21 at 7:30 pm. Encore Cabaret is a musical collaboration of John Jay High School’s current performing arts students and alumni. We are very fortunate to have the alumni artistic team of musical director Andre Catrini (’07) and emcee Tomm Polos (’06) returning once again to lead the show. This year’s theme is “Broadway Through The Ages” and the show will feature an array of favorite songs from old and new Broadway musicals. All net proceeds from the show will benefit ArtsALIVE!, John Jay’s arts booster club made up of parents and students to support, promote and provide funding for enriching activities and programs, visiting artists, class trips and other arts-related activities for the students of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District.
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/844
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/815
Thank you so much for sponsoring our 2017 trip to Lincoln Center on May, 19th. Nearly 60 students in Music History & Theory and Music Technology traveled to NYC to visit Lincoln Center and all it has to offer. Students participated in a a backstage tour, heard an open-rehearsal of the NY Philharmonic featuring Alan Gilbert, and attended an evening performance featuring Wynton Marsalis and the music of Count Basie and Duke Ellington at Jazz at Lincoln Center. Many students commented on how much they learned that day and that it was the best enrichment field trip they had taken all year. Without a doubt, all students had a fantastic time and it was a fun-filled day celebrating our love of music!
ArtsAlive! is a true partner in every sense of the word, which is evidenced by your commitment to sponsor these exceptional artistic opportunities for our students year after year. Thank you so much for your continued support; the students and I greatly appreciate it!
Permanent link to this article: https://klsdartsalive.org/archives/804